Fuggles & Warlocks Craftworks is located in Richmond and their motto is “keeping beer weird”. You’ll find a lot of the beers push traditional styles of beer to the limit by adding a West Coast flair to their brews.
One thing that differentiates them is their distinct focus on geek culture. A few of their beers are inspired by video games or animes.
The tasting room has a rotating series of beers on tap. When we were here, there were the ones available.
- Destiny IPA
- The Last Strawberry
- Britannia IPA
- Four Winds Pilsner
- Personas West Coast Common
- Kiwami Plum Sour
- Icarus Mosaic Saison
You can also purchase merchandise, buy bottles of beer, fill up your growlers and play video games.
There is a good amount of tables and chairs inside. They also have a small patio too.
Since I wanted to try more than just one beer, I went with the fight for $7.
- The Last Strawberry is a Strawberry Wit is 4.9% at 8IBU, so it is a very refreshing an easy to drink beer. It is brewed with fresh strawberries and sweetened with lactose.
- Kiwami Plum Sour is a limited release in their tasting room. Very delicious.
- Destiny IPA is a strong ale at 6% and 62 IBU. It is a light hoppy aroma with hints of oranges, grapefruit and passionfruit.
- Four Winds Pilsner isn’t a beer they brew on site. It’s good to see they have a good relationship with other breweries close by.
Of all of them, I found The Last Strawberry and Kiwami Plum Sour to be pretty unique here.
There are a good items that you can order here for snack to go along with your beer.
- Deli Pickle
The Calbee chips and pepperoni stick were my favourites.
Overall, a very fun brewery to hang out with friends. When you put together video games and beer, its a good combination.
We Rate Fuggles & Warlocks:
11220 Horseshoe Way, Richmond, BC