One of my favourite go-to meals to make is my Tuna Avocado Poké Bowls for a quick dinner. The hardest part is finding good sashimi-grade ahi tuna as it’s not always readily available. Talk to your local store to get advice on finding the right product for poké bowls. I try to find Oceanwise Certified ahi tuna as it’s more sustainable, plus I know it’s better for us too.
Makes enough for 2 bowls.
- 170g Sashimi Grade Ahi Tuna, Cubed
- 1 Avocado, Cubed
- 3 tablespoons Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Sesame Oil
- 2 sprigs of green onions, sliced
- Pinch Sesame Seeds
- 1 teaspoon Fine Red Pepper Powder
- 2 Cups of Rice
- Mix soy sauce, sesame oil, and red pepper powder to made marinade.
- Add ahi tuna and avocado to marinade and mix together.
- Refrigerate mixture for 30 minutes.
- Serve on top of rice
- Top with sesame seeds and green onions for garnish.
- Eat and enjoy.