One of our most anticipated wine events of the year is the Vancouver International Wine Festival and specifically, our favourite event is the International Tasting Room event. Featuring 173 wineries from a total of 16 countries with tickets ranging from $79 to $95, it’s at an approachable price point especially with so many choices to choose from.
A look inside the International Tasting Room
The room is divided into two sections with one dedicated on the featured region and the other dedicated to wines from other countries. Bread, crackers, cheese and many other snacks are also available throughout the session between the two areas. Featured countries for 2018 were Spain & Portugal.
The event is always well organized, so you won’t run into situations where tables run out of wine or people are dashing madly to fill their glasses.
Famous for their reds, Spain & Portugal boasts beautiful, rich, and bold reds at some very affordable prices.
A few of our favourite discoveries this year included:
- Marqués de Riscal Rioja Gran Reserva 2007 (Spain) – red
- Palacios Remondo La Montesa (Spain) – red
- Vale Dona Maria Valleys Douro Tinto 2014 (Portugal) – red
- Quinta do Crasto Reserva Old Vines 2014 (Portugal) – red
- Segura Viudas Cava Brut Reserva (Spain) – cava sparkling
We can’t wait for next year’s featured region, California!