The Great Canadian Taste Adventure is back at McDonalds this year and one of the new sandwiches is the True North BLT McMuffin to represent Canada as a whole.
This is the line up for this year:
- Western BBQ Burger July 6 – 12
- Summer Country Chicken Burger July 13 – 19
- True North BLT McMuffin June 15 – July 26
- Delectable Bacon & Cheese Burger July 20 – 26
- Chocolate Nanaimo Sundae June 15 – July 26
The Western BBQ Burger and Chocolate Nanaimo Sundae are returning items.
The True North BLT McMuffin is available only in the morning. It has a freshly cracked Canada Grade A egg, topped with crispy bacon, lettuce and tomato and a slice of processed cheddar cheese served on a toasted English muffin.
Taking the first few bites, it was ok, but I really prefer the sausage egg McMuffin over this as it has more flavour and spices. I found that the lettuce and tomato really mask the bacon.