Osa Tako Hero specilizes in authentic Takoyaki. Their whole cart is theme like an cartoon RPG game. I was actually quite surprise and confused at the same time.
Their takoyaki is made of octopus (tako), a secret batter, green tea, cabbage, carrot, onion and seaweed. All their ingredients are fresh.
I took me a long time to figure out how to read the menu since the RPG theme made it so confusing. All you need to do is read the “hero magic scroll” and follow the steps!
- Choose how many balls you want (5,7 or 10)
- Choose your sauce ( takoyaki sauce +mayo or spicy takoyaki +mayo)
- Choose your toppings ( Curry powder, shredded cheese, seaweed, maple syrup, or bonito flakes
Spicy takoyaki sauce + Curry Powder (10 – $5.99) I really had no idea what I was thinking when I made these 2 flavour combination. It didn’t taste bad, but I think it would have just been better with the traditional mayo and the bonito flakes instead.
I love how they make the takoyaki!!!!! It was nice and soft on the inside with a large piece of octopus on the inside. The octopus tastes really fresh!! It literally blew my mind! SO much better than the ones at the Richmond Night Market. If you are a takoyaki fan, you must try this food cart out!!
Overall, very impressed by the taste and quality. Best I’ve ever had!
Words of Wisdom:
- Very well made!
- Good Price! Under $10
- A large selection of toppings!
- stick with the normal teriyaki and mayo sauces with bonito flakes
- Best takoyaki I’ve ever had!