MELU Juice and Health Bar is a new addition in Downtown Vancouver. They serve up a variety of cold press juices, smoothies, nut mylks, detox water, oatmeal, chia puddings, salads and health bars.
They recently opened a few weeks ago.
Their space is quite nice and good for a quick healthy lunch.
The price is a bit high since spending $18 for lunch seems like a lot.
They have a few varieties of salads, but a cool item they have is their Undercover Spaghetti and Meatball, which has zucchini noodles and vegan meatballs.
Cold press is a juicing method that extracts juice with no heat and minimum oxidization, thus preserving all nutrients. In each jar, there are about 2 -3 pounds of fresh fruits and veggies. The juices come in 250 ml or 500 ml jars.
- Black Magic – Activated Bamboo Charcoal, Cayenne, Lemon, Himalayan Pink Salt, Agave, Pure Filtered Water
- Easy Green – Pear, Grapefruit, Cucumber, Kale, Celery, Parsley
- The Hulk – Apple, Romaine Lettuce, Jicama, Lemon, Kale, Mint, Ginger
- RADical Detox – Cucumber, Pear, Radish, Kale, Bell Pepper
- Grapefruit Heartbeet – Pineapple, Grapefruit, Beetroot, Lemon, Mint
- Orange Glow – Carrot, Apple, Pineapple, Tomato, Ginger
- Berry Beetiful – Apple, Tomato, Beetroot, Strawberry
- Winter Wonderland – Winter Melon, Apple, Kale, Spinach, Celery
All the juices were pretty good and easy to drink compared to the other cold press juices out there in the market. Black Magic stood out as it is completely black but it tastes like lemonade. Easy Green and The Hulk are good green juices I would recommend.
All their drinks have a legend to show what their benefits are. I love this wall that they have in their store. Pictures are quite cute.
They also have the juices as part of their various cleanse programs too.
Health bars ( 3 for $14 or 6 for $26) are freshly made here and they are available in a variety of raw, vegan, and/or gluten-free options.
- Mangolicious Health Bar – Mango, Walnuts, Almonds, Cashews, Coconut Mylk, Shredded Coconut, Dates, Agave Nectar
- Kind of a Fig Deal Health Bar – Raspberry, Figs, Coconut Oil, Pecans, Oats, Dates, Himalayan Pink Salt
- Cocao Banana Split Health Bar – Banana, Cashews, Walnuts, Coconut Oil, Shredded Coconut, Dates, Cocoa, Himalayan Pink Salt
- So Fudgin Good Health Bar – Avocado, Coconut Cream, Coconut Oil, Cocoa, Pecans, Dates, Agave Nectar, Himalayan Pink Salt, Strawberry and Goji Berry Topping
- Frosty the Carrot Cake Health Bar – Shredded Carrot, Dates, Walnuts, Shredded Coconut, Cashews, Coconut Oil, Agave Nectar, Lemon, Vanilla, Pumpkin Spice, Himalayan Pink Salt
- Lemon Razz Health Bar – Lemon, Coconut Cream, Coconut Butter, Almonds, Dates, Coconut Oil, Agave Nectar, Himalayan Pink Salt, Raspberry, Lemon Rind, Mint and Shredded Coconut
Out of all of them my favourite was the So Fudgin Good Health Bar. The name is just perfect because it was SO good! So addicting. If my office was closer to MELU, I would always order this.
Nut Mylks are made using activated almonds or cashews for an easy-to-digest and convenient meal on the go. Definitely more filling than the other drinks they have.
There’s currently 4 flavours:
- The Big Fig Mylk – Activated Almonds, Figs, Raw Vanilla Bean, Agave Nectar, Himalayan Pink Salt
- Cacao Monkey – Activated Cashews, Banana, Raw Cacao, Chia Seeds, Himalayan Pink Salt
- The Pink Elephant – Activated Cashews, Strawberry, Raw Vanilla Bean, Agave Nectar, Himalayan Pink Salt
- Cold Brewhaha – Activated Almonds, Cold-Brewed West End Coffee, Agave Nectar, Himalayan Pink Salt
Of the ones I’ve tried I quite like the Cacao Monkey as it reminded me of a chocolate banana sandwich in a liquid format.
Detox Waters are made with seasonal produce to increase their taste and nutrient value. It’s definitely lighter than their juices and smoothies.
Overall, pretty delicious treats and juices, but it is a tad expensive. They do use quality ingredients in all their juice and drinks, so its one reason why it’s so high. I did find a few of my favourite items like the So Fudgin Good Health Bar, Cacao Monkey, Black Magic, Easy Green and The Hulk.
We Rate MELU Juice and Health Bar:
1110 West Pender Street, Vancouver