On the West Coast, we are fortunate to be so close to an array of seafood. Going out to get crab cakes can be expensive, so making it at home is cheap and easy. You don’t need to be spending time boiling and extracting the meat from a whole crab. I went to Costco for a container of crab meat. It was about $10, which isn’t too bad.
- 2 eggs
- 5 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 2 tablespoon minced green onions
- a can of crabmeat
- 1 cup crushed buttery round crackers
- 2 tablespoon butter
- Combine the egg, mayonnaise, lemon juice, paprika, garlic powder, tarragon, and green onions.
- Whisk until well combined. Then add the crab meat.
- Take your round crackers and break them up into tiny crumbs.
- Add slowly until you have your desired consistency. I found my mixture to be quite wet, so I kept adding them in until it held more firmly together.
- Heat butter in a pan over medium heat.
- Form crab cake mixture into 8 small patties.
- Cook until golden brown, it might take about 5 minutes on each side.
Very easy to make and these crab cakes were quite filling. M could barely finish 2 patties on his own. I spent about 30 minutes making them.