Thai Iced Tea is an absolute treat and my friend finally encouraged me to make this at home instead of spending all my money drinking these at restaurants. There’s many variations of making Thai Iced Tea, but I don’t like buying so many ingredients that might go wasted if I don’t use them all. It’s always a hit when I have friends over and it’s pretty easy to make and you can’t go wrong with it.
This article contains Amazon affiliate links. All you need for this recipe is the Thai tea mix, granulated sugar, and cream. So simple! You can now have it at home all the time.
Thai Tea Mix can be hard to find in stores, so I opted to go get it from Amazon as well as a fine mesh strainer. The mesh strainer is important as it will remove as much tea leaves as possible to give you a clear tea. Sometimes some sediments will form even with a fine strainer, but it won’t affect your enjoyment of the drink. I preferred this option of buying online rather from hunting store by store in hopes they carry this tea mix. Plus, the 400g bag of tea mix lasts quite a while.
- 1 cup Thai Tea Mix
- 8 cups Water
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar ( or to your liking)
- In a small pot, bring water to a boil. Add the Thai tea mix in a mesh bag strainer and let it boil for 15 minutes.
- Add in sugar and stir to dissolve. Taste to ensure it’s your desired level of sweetness.
- Turn off the heat and let the tea steep for 30 minutes as it cools. (The stronger the tea, the better the tea will taste.)
- Take the mesh bag with the tea leaves out of the pot.
- You can make the Thai Iced Tea ahead of time and have the tea chilling in the fridge OR if you can’t control yourself, drink it right away if it’s cool enough.
- Fill the glass with ice and pour in the tea leaving a little room for the cream. About 3 tablespoons for a glass.
- Stir and enjoy.